The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club Gators Swim Team is currently seeking a seasonal Development Swim Coach. This position will be responsible for providing a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment where swimmers get the best coaching available in order to grow, excel and continue in the sport of swimming. The Gators Development Swim Coach will provide a challenging and vital competitive swim program catering to the members of The Glencoe Club. The Gators Development Swim Coach will deliver exceptional experiences in all that we do and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
- Manage the Junior Gators (aged 6-10) and Junior Development (aged 9-12) groups within the Gators program
- Provide leadership and mentorship to Junior Coaches on an ongoing basis
- Create an atmosphere where the swimmers can excel
- Ensure the delivery of high quality programs, activities and services that are consistent with member needs and evolving trends
- Meet with Gators Director and Performance Swim Coach on a regular basis
- Actively contribute to the program departments’ teamwork and collaboration
- A proven track record, with minimum of 2 years in an Assistant Coach position at a competitive swim club
- Minimum of NCCP 101 required
- Excellent communication, writing and public speaking skills.
- A diplomatic personality able to foster relationships with members and employees.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A team player who can be part of a team and execute exceptional service
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent member service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Ability to work with children for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand on a pool deck for extended periods of time
This is a seasonal position from approximately September 1 to June 30. Hours will be part time, approximately 20 per week, and will include a varying schedule of evenings and weekends.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, numerous employee recognition programs, and free staff parking.
The successful applicants will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and a Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.