The Glencoe Club
We are looking for a dedicated and professional Laundry Room Attendant to join our Housekeeping team part time at The Glencoe Club. The Housekeeping team provides a clean and healthy environment for members and guests. We aim to achieve a high standard of professional cleaning at all times.
- Provides service excellence to members and guests.
- Operate commercial washer, dryer and ironer
- Operate sewing machine/needles to complete minor repairs
- Ensure all towels, face cloths, childcare items, and rags are clean, dry and folded
- Ensure all table linens are clean, dry pressed and folded
- Replace empty chemicals for washing machines
- Ensure proper PPE is used when handling chemicals
- Clean lint traps from all dryers
- Sweep, mop floors
- Empty garbage
- Dust, clean work area
- Assist with monthly towel count (inventory)
- Address problems with washers, dryers or ironer immediately to supervisor
- Keep area tidy and in accordance to areas health and safety rules
- Ensure timely and effective two way communication (verbal, written) between members, staff and Supervisor.
- Use of radio to communicate to staff and supervisor
- Answer laundry room phone
- effectively address members concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to Supervisor when needed.
- Actively contribute to department teamwork and collaboration
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic English, verbal, written
- Experience in commercial laundry an asset
- Experience in housekeeping an asset
- Sewing skills an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements including standing for extended periods of time, walking, lifting, grasping and performing repetitive motions
- Work well under pressure
- Friendly smile, attitude
- A diplomatic personality able to foster relationships with members and employees.
- A team player who can be part of a team and execute exceptional service
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Excellent member service and interpersonal skills.
This is a permanent year-round part time position. A successful applicant must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays from 6AM-2:30PM.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and a Respect in the Workplace certification.