The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club Gators Swim Team is currently seeking a Performance Swim Coach. This position is responsible for providing a safe, enjoyable, positive environment where swimmers get the best coaching available in order to grow, excel and continue in the sport of swimming. The Gators Performance Swim Coach will provide a challenging and vital competitive swim program catering to the members of The Glencoe Club. He/she will develop yearly training plan in the Gators program and be responsible for the complete technical program. The Gators Performance Swim Coach will deliver exceptional experiences in all that we do and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
- Direct coaching or leadership to all levels of swimmers in The Glencoe Club Gators Swim Club
- Manage the Technical program of Gators
- Preparation of general Yearly Training Plan (YTP) for Gators program as a whole and specific YTP for Performance programs
- Provide leadership and mentorship to Coaches on an ongoing basis, facilitate on-going coaching in-services, and arrange coaching schedule
- Preparation of Gators meet schedule, dryland schedules, and ongoing athlete and parent education sessions
- Create an atmosphere where the swimmers can excel
- Ensure the delivery of high quality programs, activities and services that are consistent with member needs and evolving trends
- Meet with Gators Director on a regular basis
- Actively contribute to the program departments’ teamwork and collaboration.
- A proven track record, with minimum of 2 years in a head or 3 years in an assistant coach position at a competitive swim club
- Minimum of NCCP 301 required
- Excellent communication, writing and public speaking skills
- A diplomatic personality able to foster relationships with members, committees and employees
- Strong leadership skills
- A team player who can lead, organize, engage and train staff effectively
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to influence progress through cooperation, conflict resolution, and facilitation
- Innovative approach to programming through critical thinking, collaboration, and evaluation of programs and services
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent member service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Ability to work with children for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand on a pool deck for extended periods of time
This is a full-time salaried position. Candidates will be required to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, numerous employee recognition programs, comprehensive health and dental benefits, and RRSP matching.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, numerous employee recognition programs, and free staff parking.
The successful applicants will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and a Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.