We achieve our vision by understanding where we are going, by living out our mission and holding ourselves accountable to our values.
What is our purpose…
“Creating exceptional experiences”
It is the experience that counts! We create memories for all ages in their athletic, recreation, education and social pursuits. We complement our excellent facilities by providing exceptional experiences to our members, guests, employees and the community.
What we aspire to be…
“To be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do”
The Glencoe is the next best place, other than home for our members, guests and employees. We care for them as families in our home. Our Clubs provide many of the comforts of home and continues to strive to be a one stop place for our families, providing much of what they cannot get at home. We will excel in all that we provide.
The Glencoe is very proud of its heritage, its employees and its members. Our success has been in no small part due to always following our core values as a company.
- We recognize and respect all individual’s unique contributions.
- We welcome diversity and respect all protected grounds under Alberta Human Rights legislation.
- We listen to different viewpoints, opinions, thoughts and ideas and embrace a culture of inclusion.
- We respect the environment and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We treat our members, guests, employees, community and suppliers with respect.
- We respect each other, our history and the Club’s facilities.
- We have a commitment to the health, fitness, well-being and safety of our members, guests and employees.
- We value physical, mental, social and environmental well-being.
- We provide programs and opportunities to enhance wellness for members and employees.
- We do the right thing as if someone is watching and evaluating everything we do.
- We are honest, truthful and honourable.
- We have trust in trustworthy people.
- We say what we mean and we do what we say.
- We act with the highest ethics in everything that we do.
- Relationships are the cornerstone of the Club’s success.
- Effective communication is essential to a great relationship.
- We value the fostering and cultivation of great relationships with members, family members, friends, employees, relatives, networks, associates and our community.
- Members and staff care about the Club, each other and the community.
- We provide excellent service in all that we do that is thoughtful, considerate, helpful and empathetic.
- We treat people as if they are special guests in our home.
- We care about and honour our history.
- We always look for better ways to do things.
- We value training and continuous improvement to be innovated leaders in all that we do.
- We strive to be on the leading edge with our services, policies, facilities and communications.
At the Glencoe, we are very interested in supporting the many amazing people that surround us, inside and out of our buildings! Who do we support? Find out here.
We create extraordinary experiences for our members.
The Club recognizes that a high level of quality service can only be delivered if there is an environment where employees are valued, where there is a high level of trust, where they are treated with dignity and respect and where learning is recognized and rewarded.
The Club strives to create positive relationships with our neighbours, community associations and schools.
We support local and national charities resulting in win-win situations for all involved. (The Glencoe Club supports the Boys & Girls Club of Calgary)