The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is an exceptional private 45-hole family golf club located on Elbow River Drive just west of Calgary on Highway 8. This golf course is complemented with a magnificent Clubhouse, fully stocked Golf Shop, three halfway houses, on-course food & beverage carts, as well as a complete maintenance department. We have the largest membership of any private golf club in Canada.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation, we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club Accounting team is looking for a Full Time Accounts Payable Associate. Duties for this position include processing payable invoices in a timely, and accurate manner. This position will also provide coverage for Accounts Receivable and assist members with any accounts receivable concerns.
- Match incoming invoices, packing slips, and purchase orders – daily
- Review, approve, and process expenses/invoices in preparation for payment
- Weekly cheque runs to signatories, with appropriate back-up, subsequent mail-out
- Review of vendor statements to ensure all invoices are in system
- Manage emails and correspondence in a timely manner
- Frequent check-ins with Senior Accountant and Controller
- Monitoring discount opportunities and optimizing timing of payments
- Pay employees by reviewing coding against expense reports – part of weekly cheque run
- Reviewing POs for proper coding, accuracy, and reasonability
- Ongoing communication with purchasers and Department Heads regarding POs coming in
- Enter EFT payments into the system by the determined month-end cut-off date
- Monthly review of outstanding POs and follow-up
- Monthly accruals report sent to Senior Accountant for accruals
- Monthly sub-ledger report reconciliation sent to Senior Accountant for review
- Weekly filing, sorting, organization of documents and back-up
- Possesses or is working towards Accounting Certificate or Accounting Diploma
- 2-5 years of experience with accounts payable
- Experience with purchase orders, month end and expense accruals
- Self-motivated, high attention to detail, accuracy & organization
- Analytical thinker with problem solving skills, multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Exceptional communication (verbal and listening)
- Be able to make educated decisions without supervision
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments
- Accounts Receivable & Invoicing experience is an asset
- Able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Ability to handle difficult situations (conflict resolution)
This position is full time Monday to Friday, March – December. During our high season (June – Aug), some flexibility at month end is required. There is potential for reduced/flexible hours in the low season (Jan – Feb) and the schedule for these two months is negotiable.
This applicant must be willing to cross train in different positions and be able to travel between both The Glencoe Golf & Country Club and The Glencoe Club to provide coverage from time to time.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, competitive benefits plan, RRSP plan, free on-site parking, staff meals, golfing privileges, and numerous employee recognition programs.
The successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Visit us at www.glencoegolf.org for information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club.