The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is an exceptional private 45-hole family golf club on Elbow River Drive just west of Calgary on Highway 8. This golf course is complemented by a magnificent Clubhouse, a fully stocked Golf Shop, three halfway houses, on-course food & beverage carts, and a complete maintenance department. We take pride in our premium golf facility and being one of the most prestigious private golf & country clubs with the largest membership of any private golf club in Canada.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all we do, and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation, we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club seeks a Full-Time Administrative Assistant to join our team. As part of the golf management team, you will act as the ‘face of the Club’ at the Main Reception. You will also support our Managers, General Manager, and Committees administratively. You will deliver exceptional experiences in all you do and constantly aspire to create a second-home environment for our members, guests, and employees. You will provide the most accurate, concise, and up-to-date information in a courteous, timely, personalized atmosphere.
- Coordinate all the following administrative aspects of meetings, including preparing agendas, notification of committee meetings, recording, transcribing and distributing minutes as required to the satisfaction of the committees and Management.
- Follow up to ensure appropriate action is taken following committee resolutions and decisions. Ensure proper filing of meeting minutes and packages.
- Provide new committee members access to the committee site, training, committee calendar, contact information, etc.
- Attend Senior Leadership Team meetings, record, and distribute minutes
- Perform day-to-day administrative and secretarial duties as required by Management, the committees and other Club departments in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure planning and organization of golf annual member meetings
- Provide administrative and organizational support to Glencoe Invitational Annual Tournament
- Assist with member contact and information changes and update the membership database.
- Assist with the administrative requirements for the set-up of members for Club lockers and Club storage.
- Managing Club general email account, replying or forwarding as required
- Managing and ordering all Club stationery and general office supplies
- Process and record member payments as required. Be responsible for petty cash float
- Ensure timely and effective two-way communication (verbal and written) between members, staff, and managers.
- Assist members with golf bookings, program registration and special events. Assist with backend NorthStar event and activity setup as requested.
- Meet and exceed member expectations in all service aspects. Effectively address member concerns and complaints immediately, if possible, and take them to the Supervisor when needed
- Administrative support for the General Manager, Golf Committee, Board of Directors, and other club Managers
- Other duties or special projects as requested
- A proven track record, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in administrative support positions
- A business college diploma or equivalent in administrative training (equivalent combinations of skills, education and experience will be considered)
- Proven advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Outlook Calendar, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication, team collaboration, and customer service skills
- Proficient in writing skills, grammar, and proofreading
- High standards of ethics, honesty, integrity, and confidentiality
- Innovative approach through critical thinking, collaboration, and intelligent risk-taking
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
- Knowledge of golf and ability to play an asset
This is a permanent salaried, full-time, year-round position, reporting to the General Manager. The expected start date is in February 2024.
The successful applicant must complete a criminal record background check and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, personal days on top of vacation, a comprehensive health and dental plan, an RRSP Plan, free on-site parking, golfing privileges, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.