The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as the following sports facilities: aquatics, badminton, bowling, climbing, curling, fitness, golf simulators, skating, squash, tennis, and an indoor playground. We also offer the following services physiotherapy, wellness and lifestyle services, childminding, youth & teen programming, a licensed preschool, out of school care and in house shopping at our pro shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking an Aquatics Supervisor to assist the Aquatics Director in maintaining the highest quality of service, programming and instruction at the pool and to provide excellent instruction and leadership of all Aquatic programs. As the Aquatics Supervisor you will develop and monitor a team and staff focused on delivering a high level of programming that meets or exceed member expectations. The Aquatic Supervisor will deliver exceptional experiences in all that we do and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality programs, activities and services that are consistent with member needs and evolving trends
- Provide a family and fun focus in programs, activities and services including but not limited to Aquatic Programs, Private Lessons, Birthday Parties and Special Events
- Monitor the needs and expectations of the membership through good communication and evaluation of all aquatic programs, camps and special events through the use of comment cards, regular surveys and class statistics.
- Ensures members are aware of and adhere to rules and regulations
- Effectively address members and staff concerns and complaints
- Administrative Responsibilities including:
Assisting in Staff Recruitment, On-boarding, Performance Management, Recognition and Succession Planning, Attend Staff meetings, assist to ensure all new staff receive full club and department orientations, assist with Service Team Scheduling, Payroll and HCM Program Maintenance.
- Ensure aquatic department safety and procedure manual remains current and to industry and AHS standards
- Design and organize swim lesson schedules
- Assist in the delivery of regular Aquatic in-services and professional development
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- 3-4 years of experience in the field of aquatics
- National Lifeguard Service Award required
- Lifesaving Society Instructor Certification required
- National Lifeguard Instructor considered an asset
- LSSI Instructor Trainer considered an asset
- Experience in the delivery of programming
- Excellent communication, writing and public speaking skills
- A diplomatic, outgoing personality able to foster relationships with members, committees and employees
- Strong leadership skills
- A team player who can lead, organize, engage and train staff effectively
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Innovative approach through critical thinking, collaboration, and evaluation of programs and services
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
This is a full time opportunity reporting to the Aquatics Director. The schedule will vary and may include weekends, evenings.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, numerous employee recognition programs, comprehensive health and dental benefits, and RRSP program.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Background Check and online Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport certifications.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].