The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as the following sports facilities: aquatics, badminton, bowling, climbing, curling, fitness, golf simulators, skating, squash, tennis, and an indoor playground. We also offer the following services physiotherapy, wellness and lifestyle services, childminding, youth & teen programming, licensed preschool, out of school care and in house shopping at our pro shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Part Time Banquet Server/Bartender for our Food & Beverage Banquet department. This position is responsible for serving in banquets and providing an exceptional event experience with genuine pride.
- To provide service excellence and positive dining experiences to members and guests
- Effectively address member considers and complaints immediately if possible, and take to supervisor when needed
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
- Actively contribute to Food & Beverage department teamwork and collaboration
- Ensure timely and effective two way communication between members, guests, staff and supervisor
- Ensure all preparation and closing procedures are completed
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations and the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission License requirements
- Ensures members are aware of and adhere to Rules and Regulations
- Attend all required meetings and in-house training sessions
- Other assignments as required
- Previous banquet or restaurant serving experience is required
- ProServe Certification is required
- Bartending experience is an asset
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED Certification is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism
- A positive attitude and a friendly smile
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Clear communication skills
This position is part time. A successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, late nights and weekends.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website at www.glencoe.org.