The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as the following sports facilities: aquatics, badminton, bowling, climbing, curling, fitness, golf simulators, skating, squash, tennis, and an indoor playground. We also offer the following services physiotherapy, wellness and lifestyle services, childminding, youth & teen programming, a licensed preschool, out of school care and in house shopping at our pro shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a part-time Bowling Attendant to join our Bowling Team. The successful applicant will work with members and guests during league play, social functions and open play. This position will also involve general maintenance, cleaning and working in confined areas.
- To provide service excellence and a positive bowling experience to members and guests
- To respond to members concerns/compliments/suggestions in a timely manner
- To be knowledgeable about programs, schedules and general program information in order to assist members
- To accurately record all reservations and ensure that all billing for the day is done correctly
- Communicating to the members and Sports Office regarding any lane bookings or lane closures
- Cleaning and maintenance duties as required
- Regular monitoring and recording of league results and averages, lane high scores etc.
- Plan and coordinate all special events, working with the Bowling Director and Food and Beverage Coordinator as necessary
- Attend workshops, seminars, in-service training sessions and staff meetings as required
- Customer service oriented
- Team work focused
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates initiative when problem solving
- Ability to attend to problems arising with bowling equipment
- Familiarity with computer systems
- Knowledge of the sport of bowling is an asset
This is a part-time position of less than 30 hours per week . This position will include weekday, evening and weekend shifts. A flexible schedule will be required.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal background check, ProServe Certification (to serve alcohol) and Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certifications.
Please note that The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club currently has a temporary Mandatory Vaccination Policy. As such, proof of vaccination is required as a condition of employment. We will require poof of vaccination status after an offer of employment is given. We will accommodate valid reasons under Human Rights Law.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.