The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food and beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton and a new expansion that includes a climbing centre, a new fitness centre and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy childcare and registered preschool.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a full time Bowling Supervisor who is part of the Athletics Team of the Club, and is responsible for the overall operation of the bowling centre by working with the bowling team and membership to develop and enhance all facets of the bowling department to ensure a welcoming and member service oriented environment.
- Monitor the needs and expectations of the membership through good communication and evaluation of the bowling programs and events, with the use of comment cards and regular surveys
- Ensures members are aware of and adhere to rules and regulations
- Effectively address members and staff concerns and complaints
- Ensure a family and fun focus in programs, leagues, and services
- Development of an understanding of the needs of the membership for the Bowling department and executes plans accordingly
- Staff Recruitment, On-boarding, Performance Management, Recognition
- Team Scheduling, Payroll and HCM Program Maintenance
- Ensure timely and effective two way communication (verbal, written) between members, staff and management
- All pertinent bowling information on time/correct to the newsletter and/or website editor
- Complete program information for all sports brochures
- Ensure all bowling information is being communicated to the Sports Office and membership in a timely and efficient manner
- Preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets for responsible areas
- Achieves financial goals
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean, and maintained
- Develop and update Preventative Maintenance Schedule for both front and back of house
- A proven track record, with supervisory or management capacity at a private club or sport/ facility Bowling Centre
- Experience in creating, organizing, and executing programs for all age demographics
- Strong leadership skills that include computer, communication, organization, administrative, writing, and public speaking skills
- An outgoing personality able to foster relationships with members and staff
- High standards of service, ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Some general food and beverage service experience or the ability to work with food and beverage staff to deliver exceptional experiences
- Knowledge of bowling equipment, software (Steltronics, BLS) lane maintenance and scoring
- Experience as a league bowler is strongly recommended but not required
- First Aid & CPR Certification is considered an asset
This is permanent year-round full time position, reporting to the Athletics Manager. The successful applicant will be required to complete an online Respect in the Workplace, Respect in Sport certifications and criminal background check.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].