The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, a fitness centre, an indoor playground, and a Pro Shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking Full Time and Part Time Attendants to join our Café 29 Kitchen Team. You will be responsible for ensuring exceptional member service experiences by providing prompt, efficient and friendly service to our members and guests, while striving for consistency. You will oversee the cleanliness and overall organization of the Café 29. Sanitization and food safe practices are top priorities in everything that you do throughout your shift.
- Prepares Café 29 for members by stocking all necessary supplies for service needs. This is ongoing and focused on throughout the entire shift
- Ability to multi-task
- Clear and clean tables after members have left
- Replenishing glassware and tidiness of the water station
- Supports the cashiers by assisting them with the delivery of food and retrieval of any supplies they may require
- Setting-up and replenishing condiment stands
- Closes Café 29 by cleaning chairs and tables; removing trash and recyclables from the facility
- Greet members and answer questions
- Ensure availability of clean dishes, flatware, glasses, straws, napkins and other dining materials
- Carry loads of soiled dishes to the dishwasher to be cleaned
- Be able to remain focused and on-task during busy hours
- Working within a fun, high-energy team
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls
- Keeping a safe and sanitary work area at all times
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A proven track record, with minimum of 1 year experience in the kitchen industry
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Professional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Resilience through daily stressful situations
- A team player who can be part of a team and execute exceptional service
- High standards of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures
These will be permanent year-round, full time and part time positions. Applicants must be flexible and available for evenings and weekend shifts.
The successful applicants will be required to complete a criminal background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Please note that The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club currently has a temporary Mandatory Vaccination Policy. As such, proof of vaccination is required as a condition of employment. We will require poof of vaccination status after an offer of employment is given. We will accommodate valid reasons under Human Rights Law.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs, as well as a comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, personal days on top of vacation, and sick days (full time).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.