The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, a fitness centre, an indoor playground, and a Pro Shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a full time Café 29 Kitchen Team Lead to join our Café 29 Kitchen Team. We are looking for a positive and energetic individual who enjoys working in a team oriented dynamic environment.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the Cafe’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Responsible for ordering food products according to predetermined product specifications and that they arrive in correct unit count and condition and that all deliveries are received in accordance with the Glencoe’s receiving policies and procedures
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition and sanitized regularly
- Oversee kitchen staff to ensure quality, speed and consistency of food at all stations
- Fulfill management duties in the Café 29 Supervisor’s absence
- Adjust schedules as necessary to ensure that Service Standards are maintained
- Assist co-workers in order to provide the best possible food services to the members, guests and staff
- Ensure proper rotation and storage of all food items
- Promote ongoing technical and service training
- Assist in performance management and staff evaluations
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A proven track record, with minimum of 5 year experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, and expediter
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Professional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Resilience through daily stressful situations
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds
- Ability to be a team player who can be part of a team and execute exceptional service
- High standards of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Food Safety Certification
This is a permanent year-round, full time position. Applicants must be flexible and available for evenings and weekends.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers a comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, personal days on top of vacation, sick days, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.