The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, a fitness centre, an indoor playground, and a Pro Shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking full and part time Line Cooks to join our Café 29 Kitchen Team. We are looking for positive and energetic individuals who enjoy cooking and working in a team oriented dynamic environment.
- Ensure service excellence in the execution and preparation of all food products served
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food product for the daily line preparation
- Receive, store, and stock inventory appropriately
- Monitor product inventory for freshness, rotation, and stock levels
- Ensure the personal delivery of high quality product and services
- Effectively address concerns brought up by supervisors for the Kitchen team
- Actively contribute to department teamwork and collaboration of new items
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed
- Close the kitchen properly and follow closing checklist for kitchen stations
- Ensures the kitchen and all food prep and storage areas meet club cleaning standards
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Attend Kitchen meetings and training sessions
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a kitchen is required
- Red Seal certification is considered an asset
- Must have a positive attitude
- Proven track record of excellent member service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C Certification is considered an asset
These are permanent year-round, full time and part time positions. Applicants must be flexible and available for evenings and weekends.
The successful applicants will be required to complete a criminal background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs, as well as a comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, personal days on top of vacation, and sick days for full time staff.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.