We are looking for an enthusiastic, responsible and reliable individual to join our Childcare team at The Glencoe Club. The Childcare team provides a safe, caring and enjoyable environment for members and their children. The key responsibility of this role is to ensure the safety and comfort of members’ children and guests aged 6 weeks to 6 years old.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of members’ children and guests aged six weeks to six years old.
- Ensure Childcare policies are being adhered to.
- Ensure a focus on family fun by providing a stimulating and safe environment for all children & guests by setting up interesting play activities using all available resources in; arts and crafts, literature and stories, dramatic play, table and carpet activities, and the indoor playground.
- Share pertinent information with parents about their child’s interactions and play after each visit.
- Alberta Child Development Assistance Certification/Level 1 or equivalent certification an asset
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Minimum of one year experience working in a group childcare setting with infants and young children
- Knowledge of child development and skilled in behavior guidance and management strategies
- Ability to build relationships with children and adults, and communicate effectively and fluently
- Demonstrates initiative and capable to work with minimal supervision in a team work environment
- Punctual, reliable, responsible and accountable with a positive, friendly service-oriented attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are looking for employees to fill shifts Monday to Friday, 9AM-1PM.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected] in response to this ad.