The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food and beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton and a new expansion that includes a climbing centre, a fitness centre and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy, childminding, Licensed Preschool and Out of School Care.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Club is recruiting for an energetic, educated, creative, supportive and responsible individual to work full-time as the Early Childhood Educator Team Lead. You will oversee the administration and operations of the Licensed Programs and support the Childcare Department. The successful candidate will develop and monitor a team focused on delivering a high level of service that meet or exceed member expectations. You will also assist in the development of annual operating and capital budgets in the area and be responsible for adhering to the licensing requirements. You will deliver exceptional experiences in all programs and services, and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
- Responsible for administration of the Licensed Programs, including: registrations, ordering supplies, monitoring the Licensed Programs websites, filing, and documentations
- Responsible for maintaining the Licensed Programs budget and all aspects of billing/invoicing for the Programs revenue and expenses
- Collaborate with the Licensed Program instructors in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Program curriculum with focus on FLIGHT, Emergent Curriculum and current trends and issues in EACE
- Meet with instructors on a regular basis to ensure program excellence and adherence to program and expectations
- Implement Program following and maintaining the approved program plan, staff plan and curriculum as approved by Alberta Child Care Licensing Acts and Regulations
- Apply for approval to the Director of Licensing changes to The Glencoe Club childcare license before changes occur
- Complete and submit mandatory, yearly Alberta Childcare Licensing forms and Incident Report Summaries
- Renew Childcare License to operate the Licensed Programs every 3 years and as needed
- Ensure adherence to specific area operating policies, programs and/procedures which shall be consistent with the Club’s general policies and Alberta Childcare Licensing Acts and Regulations, Alberta Health Regulations and City of Calgary Fire Codes
- Maintain schedule of employees and adequate coverage for instructors when absent. Maintain on-call preschool instructors to cover absences
- Ensure employee certifications remain current to meet Alberta Labor Laws and Alberta Childcare Licensing Standards and Codes
- Responsible for communications to employees and members; including: phone calls, emails, and working with the communications department for signage, brochures, and marketing of programs and services
- Cover Childcare Director’s responsibilities in their absence
- Work with the Childcare Director in recruiting new employees for Preschool, Out of School Care and Childminding
- A proven record of accomplishment, with minimum of 2 years in a licensed preschool or Out of School Care program
- Experience working in a recreation or sport facility is an asset, with a personal focus on health and wellness
- Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education, with a minimum Level 3 Alberta Childcare certification, formerly known as Child Development Supervisor (or working towards)
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to guide and motivate teams
- A diplomatic personality able to foster relationships with members and employees
- Proven ability to enhance performance, through effective organization and execution
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to influence progress through cooperation, conflict resolution, and facilitation
- Innovative approach through critical thinking, collaboration, and evaluation of programs and services
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail
This position will be a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 10:00am – 6:00pm.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certifications.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org