The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club has an exciting employment opportunity within our Turfcare team. We are looking for an Equipment Technician who has a positive attitude, matched with a strong work ethic and enjoys working in a team environment. We are a 45-hole private golf club on 440 acres, located just west of the city limits on Highway 8. We are seeking positive and energetic individuals who enjoys interacting with our members, prides themselves on providing excellent service, and works well in a team environment.
To care and condition the property we need the 160+ piece fleet of mostly Toro equipment in optimum condition. As a part of this fleet there are 136 reels which will require a dedicated approach to provide optimum cutting performance all season long. This is an exciting time for our department, and our priority is to assemble the best possible Turfcare Equipment team that will be a crucial part of keeping the course in the best playing condition all season long. If you enjoy performing your duties to a high standard and with impeccable care, this could be the perfect position for you.
- 4 stroke/2stroke engine service and diagnostics
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Reel, bedknife and rotary maintenance (training for qualified candidate)
- Record keeping
- Daily inspection of quality of cut out (training for qualified candidate)
- Involvement with equipment repair and servicing
- Keeping shops neat, tidy and safe
- Must value the importance of being a team player with proven leadership competencies, and contributes to making the working environment respectable and a place for all to excel and enjoy
- Possession of valid Alberta Operator’s License or ability to acquire one
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Education and/or experience in small engines and diesel engines is an asset
- Education and/or experience with troubleshooting electrical and/hydraulic systems is an asset
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
This position is a full-time seasonal position that is anticipated to start between March 15 – April 15, 2021 (weather dependent). This position may include a variety of weekday morning, evening and weekend shifts, so a flexible schedule is required. The successful candidate will report to the Equipment Manager.
We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, staff golf privileges, and a positive and safe work environment. The successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, as well as, an online Respect in the Workplace certification
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.
CLOSING DATE: FEBRUARY 28, 2021