We are looking for a dedicated and passionate professional to lead our Kitchen team as the Executive Chef at The Glencoe Golf & Country Club. As Executive Chef you will oversee the culinary production of the entire operation including restaurants, on course food & beverage outlets, banquets and special events. The Executive Chef will actively participate in the training and development of the kitchen team with appropriate support and coaching. The Executive Chef works closely with the Food & Beverage Management and other members of the Glencoe Golf Team to prepare and provide an exceptional food service experience for our members. This is a permanent year-round full time salary position. Applicants must be available to work evenings and weekends.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club Executive Chef is responsible for:
- Oversee all culinary daily operations
- Menu development to ensure product quality and food cost management
- Supervise kitchen staff to ensure quality, speed and consistency of food
- Fulfill management duties including inventory, payroll and administration
- Lead by example and ensure protocols, policies, and procedures are followed
- Hire and train new employees and provide ongoing staff development
- Complete food orders that reflect cost effective food preparation
- Ensure food safety and kitchen cleanliness guidelines and regulations are followed
- Manage scheduling to reflect budget targets
- Interact with members to obtain open dialogue and feedback
EDUCATIONAL, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Degree or Diploma in culinary management
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as Executive Chef or comparable position
- Strong coaching, administration and organizational skills
- Creative and innovative with food knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership with high influencing skills
- Resilience through daily stressful situations
- Ability to work through difficult situations in a professional manner
- Passion for food trends and continuing education
- Red Seal Certification completed
DIRECT REPORT: The Food & Beverage Manager
A competitive compensation and benefit package will be offered. The Glencoe Golf & Country Club offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, RRSP matching, opportunities for training and development, staff meals and golfing perks.
Please submit your application by email to [email protected], no later than 4:00pm, February 24, 2019.
For more information, contact Jennifer Cox, Food & Beverage Manager, at 403-240-7384 or [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please visit glencoegolf.org.