The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighborhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, climbing centre, fitness centre, indoor playground, pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy, childcare, and registered preschool.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Club Fitness Centre is seeking a Part-Time Fitness Consultant to provide overall supervision and exceptional customer service to users of the facility. This is a great opportunity to put into practice the education you have been receiving, with opportunities available for mentoring with established Fitness Professionals, learn about the fitness industry, and develop your personal skills.
- Provide health and fitness direction for members
- Develop excellent rapport with the members while assisting them with their fitness and health goals
- Circulate through the facility in order to provide attentive and proactive advice and service
- Participate in maintaining and cleaning fitness equipment
- Reception duties include program registration and cancellations and answering telephone inquiries
- Develop and implement educational programs for the members in areas of fitness and exercise
- Participate in ongoing development of Fitness Centre programs and delivery of programs to all members
- A minimum of 2 years post-secondary education in the area of Kinesiology or Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED certification (within 1 year of expiring)
- AFLCA, ACE, CSCS, NSCA, CFC and other fitness instruction certifications are an asset
- Knowledge of fitness, health and/or recreation activities and guidelines
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Communication and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office and basic computer skills
- Ability to lift heavy weights while spotting members
This is a part-time position of 30 hours or less per week. This position is from Monday to Sunday and will include a variety of shifts starting as early as 5:30am, ending as late as 10:00pm. A flexible schedule is required.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and a Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certifications.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website at www.glencoe.org