We are seeking a Full Time Head Lifeguard to join our Aquatics Team. Our Aquatics Team provides a safe, enjoyable atmosphere with the highest standards in cleanliness and water quality, where Glencoe members of all ages can receive instruction and supervision by highly qualified lifeguards and instructors.
- Maintaining open communication with team members, parents, and caregivers
- Supervise and provide leadership to Lifeguards/Instructors and ensure exceptional service is provided to all Glencoe Club members and guests, assigning tasks as necessary
- Assist and ensure the accurate and complete recording of pool water tests, maintenance tracking and opening/closing checklists
- Being knowledgeable about program information and schedules in order to assist members
- Assist in delivery of in-service components
- Administrative tasks such as data entry of pool statistics, aqua fit attendance, and maintenance tracking
- Lead shadow orientations and assist in training of new employees
- Lifeguarding duties according to the Glencoe Club and Lifesaving Society lifeguard standards and practices
- Make decisions on maximum capacity management of Outdoor Pool area
- Call lesson waitlists, prepare lesson binders and approve report cards
- Print weekly shift schedules
- Coverage of regular lifeguard shifts when needed
- Minimum 2 years of Lifeguard/Swim Instructor experience
- National Lifeguard Services Award is required
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or Lifesaving/Swim for Life Instruction Certification is required
- Comfort leading emergency situations to resolution
- Standard first aid & CPR “C”/AED and/or Aquatic Emergency Care
- CALA and AFLCA certifications are an asset
- Comfortable supervising and leading employees
This is a permanent year-round, full time position of 25 or more hours per week. The successful applicant must be available for a variety of morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts, and available for at least one teaching shift.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and a Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs. We also offer a comprehensive health and dental package and a competitive RRSP matching program.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in response to this ad to [email protected]
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.