The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is a private country club offering 45 holes of championship level conditions. We are situated on 440 acres along the Elbow River just west of Calgary along Highway 8. The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is committed to creating exceptional experiences for our members and staff.
If you are genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation, we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is offering full-time and part-time seasonal Horticulture team positions for the 2024 golf season. Start and end dates are negotiable, but the golf season typically runs from late April to late October with the potential to work further into the season depending on the weather and the candidate’s experience. As a part of the Horticulture team, you will be involved in the care and maintenance of ornamental beds and other landscaped areas. If you are a positive and energetic individual who enjoys working early mornings, being outdoors, and working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, we want to hear from you!
- Assist with planting and establishing annuals in landscape beds and planters
- Participate in ongoing maintenance of perennial landscape beds and shrubs including watering, pruning, transplanting
- Involvement in the building of capital enhancements, landscape beds, drainage, raingardens
- Course clean-up and other detail work with hand tools and small equipment
- Perform ongoing maintenance and harvest related tasks for fruit and vegetable production
- Operate various walking and ride-on type mowers
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to work well individually and as part of a diverse team
- Have a willingness to learn new skills and methods
- Adapt to a dynamic work environment while maintaining detailed quality
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks (raking, weeding, shoveling, walking)
- Willingness to work outdoors even in inclement weather
- Capable of lifting up to 40lbs
- Ability to work early mornings
- Knowledge of plants and growing particularity of food crops is an asset – no experience is required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Access to reliable transportation as there is no public transportation available to our location
These are seasonal full time and part time positions that will involve early morning shifts. Shifts will total up to 40 hours per week depending on full time or part time.
The successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal record check and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club offers an excellent working environment with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. We offer opportunities for training and development, golfing privileges, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Visit us at www.glencoegolf.org for information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club.