The Glencoe Club
We are currently seeking a Host/Hostess to join the Food & Beverage team at The Glencoe Club. The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food and beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, a fitness centre and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy childcare and registered preschool.
A little about you…
You love food, you value experiences. You are a go-getter with a “let’s do this” attitude. You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, and you appreciate building connections and relationships with both members and employees alike.
A little about us…
The Club recently completed an extensive food and beverage renovation that enhances the dining experiences for our members. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Host/Hostess with a strong passion for the Food & Beverage industry combined with exceptional member and employee service values and skills in this innovative dining space. We aspire “to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do” – you will carry this vision through all that you do.
- Greeting and seating members on busy evenings
- Taking and organizing reservations
- Explaining the menu and making recommendations
- Bidding the group farewell upon completion of their meal and asking about their experience
- Bussing as necessary to free up tables
- Food running to assist servers
- Effectively address member concerns immediately if possible, and take to supervisor when needed
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
- Actively contribute to Food & Beverage department teamwork and collaboration
- Ensure timely and effective two-way communication between members, guests, staff and supervisor
- Attend all required meetings and in-house training sessions
- Other assignments as required
- Outgoing personality
- Willingness to strike up conversations with members
- Ability to multi-task
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism
- A positive attitude and a friendly smile
- Clear communication skills
- ProServe Certification is an asset
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED Certification is an asset
This position is a part time positions that will involve a variety of day, evening and weekend shifts totaling less than 30 hours per week, so a flexible schedule is required.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal background check, and Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), an employee referral program, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.