The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as the following sports facilities: aquatics, badminton, bowling, climbing, curling, fitness, golf simulators, skating, squash, tennis, and an indoor playground. We also offer the following services physiotherapy, wellness and lifestyle services, childminding, youth & teen programming, licensed preschool, out of school care and in house shopping at our pro shop.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is an exceptional private 45-hole family golf club located on Elbow River Drive just west of Calgary on Highway 8. This golf course is complemented with a magnificent Clubhouse, fully stocked Golf Shop, three halfway houses, on-course food & beverage carts, as well as a complete maintenance department. We have the largest membership of any private golf club in Canada.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Full-Time IT Technician to join our IT Team at The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club. This individual will be responsible for repair and upkeep of all IT related Hardware and Software, as well, as other electronic devices that may or may not be directly connected to the Glencoe Domain. The IT Technician will provide services to both The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club.
- Contribute to defining and establishing IT strategies for the benefit of both Clubs
- Openly contribute to IT general meetings, suggesting improvements, reporting discovered IT problems and/or deficiencies
- Directly responsible for managing one’s own tickets in current call center software
- Practice and teach current IT Policies of reliable and safe computer operations to all Glencoe staff
- Repair and maintain all hardware including firmware updates, break and fix replacements, hardware updates, and preventative maintenance where required.
- Install, Configure and update Software Applications
- Effective two-way communication (verbal and written) between members, staff and department managers
- Effectively and quickly address members concerns and issues
- Effectively and quickly address staff concerns and issues
- Ensures the IT Lab is clean and maintained, as well as, cleaning up user worksites after such work that creates debris
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- An established IT track record, with minimum of 5 years of IT Technical service at a private club, hospitality, sport/recreation facility or equivalent IT service base related field
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- A calming, positive, approachable and diplomatic personality – able to build relationships with both members and employees
- Be a champion of new IT technologies, a champion of change
- Diploma/degree in Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Installation, Configuration and Administration experience on Windows/MAC Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Hardware and Operating Systems
- Configuration experience with Apple iOS/S and Android OS as well as supported peripherals such as Apple TV
- Installation, Configuration and Administration experience with all Windows Server and Desktop OS versions
- Installation, Configuration and Administration experience on Apple PC Hardware and Operating Systems
- Installation, Configuration and Administration experience with Intel based Servers Hardware, including RAID arrays.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration experience with managed and unmanaged Wireless products including Smart, Next Gen, Cloud Managed Routers, Bridges and Access Points
- Installation, Configuration and Administration experience with Level 3 Cloud Managed Next Gen Firewalls, Networking Switches, VPNs, Virtualized Subnets, and 10 Gig PoE+ Ethernet, and Single/Multi Mode Fibre Cabling and Connectors
- Knowledge with Northstar Club Software administration is an asset
- Must have ability to work cooperatively with key team members, departments and vendors
- Committed to learning by keeping current with all emerging IT technologies through relevant formal and informal training such as blogs, webcasts, online tutorials, conference and workshop attendance
- Must possess Passion, Integrity and Energy
- A team player who can engage and train staff effectively with new IT deployments
- Exacting standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to influence IT progress in a positive manner through cooperation, conflict resolution, and facilitation
- Innovative approach through critical thinking, collaboration, and intelligent risk taking
This is a permanent year-round, full time salaried position reporting to the IT Manager.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal record background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The successful applicant must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle to commute between Clubs (flat rate compensation provided).
The Glencoe Club offers a comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, personal days on top of vacation, sick days, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].