The Glencoe Golf and Country Club
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is seeking a part time and full time seasonal Kitchen Steward to join our Kitchen team for the upcoming 2020 Golf Season. We are a 45-hole private golf club on 440 acres, located just west of the city limits on Highway 8. We are seeking positive and energetic individuals who enjoy working in a team oriented dynamic environment.
- Act as the primary dishwasher in the main kitchen
- Provide service excellence to members and guests
- Assist Kitchen staff with food preparation, including baking duties, as instructed
- Ensure high sanitation standards in compliance with Calgary Health Region requirement
- Actively communicate and collaborate with other members of the Food and Beverage team
- Ensure the physical areas of the kitchen are well cleaned and organized, particularly dish and equipment storage areas
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Ensure compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Professional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Resilience through daily stressful situations
- Physical capability for heavy lifting
- Previous dishwashing or kitchen experience is an asset
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
These positions are for full-time and part-time seasonal employees from April 2020 to October 2020 (weather dependent). These positions may include weekday, weekend and evening shifts, so a flexible schedule is required.
We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, staff golf privileges, and a positive and safe work environment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.