The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighborhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, climbing centre, fitness centre, indoor playground, pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy, childcare, and registered preschool.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a dedicated and professional female to join our Housekeeping Team as a Full Time Ladies Locker Room Attendant. The Housekeeping team provides a clean and healthy environment for members and guests. We aim to achieve a high standard of professional cleaning at all times.
- To provide service excellence to members and guests
- Vacuuming as required in assigned areas
- Mopping as required in assigned areas
- Clean mirrors, sinks, toilets, urinals, vanity areas, cubicles and doors as required
- To replenish supplies and empty the garbage
- Bring down lost and found at the end of the shift
- Report any maintenance requirements to supervisor
- Effectively address member concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to supervisor when needed
- Achieve and or exceed annual service standards
- Actively contribute to department teamwork and collaboration
- Works closely with the membership, housekeeping colleagues, and laundry to ensure service requirements are met
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Attend general staff meetings, in house training and workshops
- Assisting in Laundry to make sure all laundry is clean and ready to be reused
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including standing for an extended period of time, walking, lifting, grasping and performing repetitive motions
- Ability to converse and accurately follow verbal/written instructions in English
The successful applicant must be able to work weekdays and weekends, with shifts being from 2:00pm-10:30pm Monday to Wednesday and 6:00am-2:30pm Saturday and Sunday.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org