We are seeking a Part-Time Lifeguard/Swim Instructor to join our Aquatics Team. Our Aquatics Team provides a safe, enjoyable atmosphere with the highest standards in cleanliness and water quality, where Glencoe members of all ages can receive instruction and supervision by highly qualified lifeguards and instructors.
- Maintaining open communication with team members, parents, and caregivers
- Providing exceptional customer service to all Glencoe Club members and guests
- Assist in keeping the pool area clean and tidy through maintenance
- Being knowledgeable about program information and schedules in order to assist members
- Attending all staff meetings and in-service training sessions
- Lifeguarding duties according to the Glencoe Club and Lifesaving Society lifeguard standards and practices
- Instructing duties including knowledge of stroke standards, progressions, class content, and stroke mechanics, conducting evaluations and preparing lesson plans
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Services Award is required
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification is required
- Comfort leading emergency situations to resolution
- Standard first aid & CPR ‘C’/AED and, or Aquatics Emergency
- Lifesaving instructor certification is considered an asset
- CALA and AFLCA certification are considered assets
This is a permanent year-round, part time position of up to 25 hours per week. The successful applicant must be available for a variety of evening and weekend shifts and available for at least one teaching shift.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and a Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].