The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as multiple sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, a fitness centre, and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy, childminding, registered preschool and out of school care program.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a part time Lifeguard/Swim Instructor to join our Aquatics Team. Our Aquatics Team provides a safe, enjoyable atmosphere with the highest standards in cleanliness and water quality, where Glencoe members of all ages can receive instruction and supervision by highly qualified lifeguards and instructors.
- Maintaining open communication with team members, parents, and caregivers
- Providing exceptional customer service to all Glencoe Club members and guests
- Assist in keeping the pool area clean and tidy through maintenance
- Being knowledgeable about program information and schedules in order to assist members
- Attending all staff meetings and in-service training sessions
- Lifeguarding duties according to The Glencoe Club and Lifesaving Society lifeguard standards and practices
- Instructing duties including knowledge of stroke standards, progressions, class content, and stroke mechanics, conducting evaluations and preparing lesson plans
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Award is required
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification is required
- Comfort leading emergency situations to resolution
- Standard first aid & CPR ‘C’/AED and/or Aquatics Emergency Care
- Lifesaving Instructor certification an asset
- CALA and AFLCA certification are considered assets
This is a permanent year-round, part time position consisting of less than 30 hours per week. The successful applicant must be available for a variety of shifts including morning, daytime, evening and weekend shifts, and available for at least one teaching shift.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and a Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org or at www.glencoejobs.org.