The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club has an exciting employment opportunity within our Turf Care team, we are looking for a Mechanic that has a positive attitude matched with a strong work ethic and enjoys working in a team environment. We are a private 45-hole family golf club located just outside South West Calgary along highway 8.
To care and condition the 440 acre property we need the 160+ piece fleet of mostly Toro equipment in optimum condition. This is an exciting time for our department and our priority is to assemble the best possible turf care equipment team that will be a crucial part of keeping the course in the best playing condition all season long. If you enjoy performing your duties to a high standard and with impeccable care, this could be the perfect position for you.
- Reel, bedknife and rotary maintenance
- Record keeping
- Leadership roles with team training sessions with a strong focus on safety
- Equipment repair and servicing
- Keeping shops organized, clean and safe
- ValuesMech the importance of being a team player with proven leadership competencies and contributes to making the working environment respectable and a place for all to excel and enjoy
- Possession of valid Alberta Operator’s License or ability to acquire one
- Education and/or experience in small engines and diesel engines an asset
- Education and/or experience with troubleshooting electrical and/or hydraulic systems an asset
- Access to reliable transportation as there is no public transportation available to our location
This position is a full-time year around position. Shifts may include weekdays, weekends and evenings. The successful candidate will work alongside and report to the clubs current Equipment Manager and is an integral part of the equipment and Turfcare team.
The successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, staff golf privileges, comprehensive health and dental benefits, RRSP matching, and a positive and safe work environment.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.