The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as the following sports facilities: aquatics, badminton, bowling, climbing, curling, fitness, golf simulators, skating, squash, tennis, and an indoor playground. We also offer the following services physiotherapy, wellness and lifestyle services, childminding, youth & teen programming, Licensed Preschool, Out of School Care and in house shopping at our pro shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Part-Time Member Services Representative to join our Member Services team at The Glencoe Club. The Member Services Representative offers courteous, timely and personalized member service and aims to provide the most accurate, concise and up to date information to our members, guests and staff. We focus on providing a high level of member service in all that we do.
Who you are:
- You exceed expectations and create memorable moments for those around you
- You are a master of first impressions
- You enjoy engaging in meaningful conversations and cultivating positive relationships
- You like to do nice things for other people
- You can tend to multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- You have a positive attitude
- You are eager to learn and grow yourself
- You learn quickly and are adaptable
- You take initiative, are responsible and look for ways to improve processes
- Providing a high level of member service with activity bookings, program registration, security and administrative duties as needed
- Exceeding member expectations in all service aspects
- Ensuring timely and effective two way communication (verbal, written) between members, staff and Supervisor
- Greeting and directing members & guests
- Ensuring members are adhering to rules and regulations, including guest sign-in procedures
- Problem solving member access issues and providing membership cards/fobs as needed
- Processing and recording member payments as required
- Completing introduction letters for members visiting affiliated clubs and verifying members are in good standing
- Being fully comfortable with Mitel phone systems including transferring, placing calls on hold, emergency response and assisting with long distance phone calls
- Previous experience in a customer, member or client facing role
- Professional communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Business administrative education or experience, preferably in the area of recreation and sport is considered an asset
- Comfortable working with an online membership database and POS system
- A diplomatic, outgoing personality and the ability to foster relationships with members and employees
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Standard First Aid/CPR Level C certification is considered an asset
This is a permanent year-round, part time position of less than 30 hours per week. We offer a flexible schedule with majority of shifts being evenings and weekends. Minimum availability of 2 shifts per week and availability on Saturday’s and Sunday’s is required.
Please state your hourly wage expectations as well as your availability in your cover letter.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal record background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.