The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food and beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, a fitness centre and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy childcare and licensed child care programs.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Club is recruiting for energetic, educated, creative, supportive and responsible individuals to work Part-Time or Full-Time in our early learning and child care programs. The Licensed Program Educators provide safe, caring, stimulating, active and educational experiences for members and their children, utilizing the superior sport venues and facilities within the Club. A key part of this role is the development of the program plan; and implementation and evaluation of a high quality education program for children aged 3 and 9 years old.
- Responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of a wide range of activities for preschool to school aged children
- Utilizing individual and group interests in the classroom, within the Club and in the community with a focus on school readiness and physical literacy
- Knowledge and ability to implement an Emergent Curriculum, based on children’s interests, needs and abilities; experience with Alberta’s FLIGHT Framework considered a valuable asset
- A wide repertoire of cooperative games, creative art activities, unique play ideas and experiences to implement with children
- Ability to confidently lead children and participate in physical activities that include creative movement, yoga, climbing wall experiences, swimming lessons and pool play, racquet sports, bowling, and outside excursions
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment that is physically and emotionally safe and respectful to children and families, with focus on assisting in the growth and development of children’s communication and language skills, and social, emotional, physical, creative and mental reasoning skills and abilities
- Diploma, Degree or Certificate in Early Childhood Education is preferred, with a minimum certification of Alberta Child Development Worker Certification / Level 2 or Level 3
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR “C”/AED
- Current Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check
- New graduates from MRU, BVC and additional post-secondary institutions are welcome to apply
- The ability to adhere to Alberta Child Care Licensing and Alberta Health & Safety Standards
- Experience working in a recreation or sport facility is considered an asset, with a personal focus on Health and Wellness
- Knowledge of child development and skilled in the implementation of positive, proactive behavior guidance and management strategies
- Skilled in arranging and developing a stimulating, aesthetically appropriate program room with input into future design and equipment purchases
- Ability to build relationships and connect with children and adults, and communicate effectively and authentically
- A consistently positive, friendly, service-oriented attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and abilities
- Initiative and capable to work with minimal supervision in a team setting
- Punctual, reliable, responsible and accountable
New graduates from MRU, BVC and additional post-secondary institutions are welcome to apply.
Coming into effect for September, the province of Alberta has approved preschools for top-up funding – apply today and find out how this wage supplement acknowledges and validates your role as a skilled Educator!
Start date and hours of work to be discussed during the interview process.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.