The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is looking for a full time seasonal On-Course Food & Beverage Supervisor to join the Food & Beverage team for the upcoming 2019 Golf Season.
- Provide immediate attention and service to members on course
- Completed knowledge of all menu items offered on course
- Deliver accurate and efficient service to members in a professional and friendly manner
- Assist co-workers as necessary in order to provide the best possible service to members
- Maintain a clean work environment in all on course outlets and beverage carts
- Prepares all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for members
- Maintain an efficient stock and manage proper inventory levels
- Ensure all opening and closing duties are completed daily
- Effectively address members concerns and complaints immediately and communicate appropriately to applicable food & beverage team members as part of the member feedback process
- Help develop weekly schedules in coordination with course rotation and servicing on course events.
- Achieve or exceed service standards by supporting staff and monitor that service staff are adhering to the standards
- Ensure completion of daily food and beverage administrative duties including cashouts and stock transfers
- Attend Food & Beverage meetings
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations and the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission License requirements
- Other assignments as required
- A proven track record, with a minimum of five years experience in the food & beverage service industry experience
- A minimum of two year’s supervisory experience
- ProServe Certification is required
- Previous on-course golf experience is an asset
- Driven and confident to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Must enjoy working outside
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A diplomatic, professional and outgoing personality who is able to foster relationships with members and employees
- A team player who can lead, organize and engage in the delivery of training, and develop and maintain service standards
- Strong leadership skills
- High standards of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Scheduling experience is an asset
- Golf knowledge is considered an asset
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Inventory management and admin experience is an asset
- First Aid & CPR Certification is considered an asset
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
This position is a full time seasonal position. The position may include a variety of morning, evening and weekend shifts, so a flexible schedule is required.
We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, staff golf privileges, and a positive and safe work environment. The successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.