The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food and beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton and a new expansion that includes a climbing centre, a new fitness centre and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy childcare and registered preschool.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a full time Overnight Housekeeping Supervisor who is part of the Housekeeping Team of the Club, and oversees various areas at The Glencoe Club. This person will deliver a high level of service to members and fellow employees by assistance where required and possible. Focus on delivering a high level of service that meets or exceed member expectations. The Overnight Housekeeping Supervisor will deliver exceptional experiences and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
- Supervise and oversee the performance of the overnight housekeeping team
- Develop and implement a cleaning protocol that guides area cleaning and establishes a standard to be met by the team
- Prepare schedules in accordance with labor standards and adjusts staffing as necessary for sudden changes
- Schedules and supervises all rotational and special cleaning programs as required
- Provide guidance, motivation, and coaching to the overnight team
- Conduct area inspections nightly to make sure everything is done according to standards
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of cleaning supplies and distribute to the team
- Communicate with other Shift Supervisors regarding the implementation of all departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsible for a safe working environment for the team
- Input Work Orders into computer system
- Assist with cleaning as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Housekeeping
- Must have minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Post – secondary education in a Hotel Management or equivalent discipline is an asset
- Previous housekeeping experience
- Supervisory experience and strong leadership skills
- MS Office proficient
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to lift heavy objects; able to be on your feet for extended periods of time, crouch, bend, walk, run, and use arms without any discomfort
- First Aid & CPR Certification is considered an asset
This is full time position, reporting to the Director of Housekeeping. The successful applicant will be required to complete an online Respect in the Workplace certification and criminal records check.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.