The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as multiple sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, a fitness centre, and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy, childminding, registered preschool and out of school care program.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Club is recruiting for an enthusiastic, responsible and reliable individual to join the Childcare Team. This is a part-time position with 4 to 6 hour shifts on Saturdays and Sundays and the occasional weekday evening shifts. Hours may vary between 8-12 hours a week. The Childminding Service team provides a safe, caring and enjoyable environment for members and their children.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of members’ children and guests: aged eight weeks to six years old
- Ensure a focus on family fun, stimulating, safe, experience for all children & guests by supervising children in designated areas using all available resources – arts and crafts, library, audio/visuals, dramatic play, fitness studio, parks, and squash courts
- Ensure the personal delivery of high quality programs and services
- Provides service excellence to members, guests, coworkers and colleagues
- Effectively address members concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to Supervisor when needed
- Actively contribute to department teamwork and collaboration
- Know Childcare and Club procedures, policies, regulations and rules
- Follow Club values in all aspects of work
- Access children’s overall health and wellness and take appropriate action if unwell
- Change children’s diaper immediately if it is soiled or when the child has been in care for 1 hour
- Participate with children in activities, extend their learning and experiences
- Display professionalism and a positive attitude at all times
- Know and adhere to Alberta Social Facilities and Alberta Health Services Guidelines for Childcare Facilities
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- A minimum level of education from a recognized institute that equates to Alberta Child Development Assistant Level of Certification (Formerly known as Level 1 Alberta Day Care Qualification Certificate) and/or knowledge, skills and ability from life experiences in group care
- A minimum of Level “C” First Aid/ CPR/ AED current certification
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a group childcare setting
- Willingness to support the goals of The Glencoe Club and work in a compassionate and non-judgemental manner
- Possesses strong knowledge of child development and skilled in behavior guidance and management strategies
- Ability to build and foster relationships with children and adults
- Ability to communicate effectively and fluently in English, in a positive, proactive manner
- A friendly, diplomatic, outgoing, service focused attitude and personality
- Ability to motivate self and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Experienced in the delivery of fun and enjoyable, developmentally, appropriate activities
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Punctual, reliable, responsible and accountable for all aspects of work
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and be ambulatory
- Ability to tolerate exposure to bodily fluids (changing diapers, wiping noses, cleaning vomit)
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.