The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food and beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton and a new expansion that includes a climbing centre, a new fitness centre and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy childcare and registered preschool.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a part time staff member to join the Physiotherapy Team as a Receptionist/Physio Aide. This position will be responsible for ensuring each member’s experience is a positive one. Excellent service, team work, communication and the ability to maintain confidentiality will be key in this exciting role.
- Provide consistent, outstanding service to the members, guests, employees and co-workers
- Answer inquiries over the phone and book appointments
- Prepare on-line charts and ensure charts are filed correctly and efficiently
- Assist physiotherapists as required
- Complete cash outs and other clerical work
- Ensure timely and effective two-way communication (verbal, written) between members, staff, therapist and supervisor
- Effectively address members’ concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to Supervisor when needed
- Actively contribute to department teamwork and collaboration
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
- Ensures compliance with the Canada Health Privacy act, and Collage of Physical Therapy guidelines; as well as Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in recreation, kinesiology, sport administration or related field is an asset
- Working knowledge of the human body is an asset
- Commitment to high standard of customer service
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Strong computer skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Windows
- Ability to think on your feet and be proactive
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
- A diplomatic personality; able to foster relationships with members and employees
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Previous experience working in a physiotherapy/fitness/wellness centre is an asset
We are looking to fill specific hours Sunday 7:30am-3:30pm, Wednesdays 1:30-7:30pm, and Thursdays 1:30-8:30pm as well as casual coverage as needed.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (shifts of 5 hours or more), an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Background Check and online Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport certifications.
Please note that The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club currently has a temporary Mandatory Vaccination Policy. As such, proof of vaccination is required as a condition of employment. We will require poof of vaccination status after an offer of employment is given. We will accommodate valid reasons under Human Rights Law.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.