The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club in Calgary’s Elbow Park neighborhood. We have a full-service food and beverage department, as well as 11 sports facilities.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is a fantastic private 45-hole family golf club on Elbow River Drive, just west of Calgary on Highway 8. Our membership is the largest of any private golf club in Canada.
We are seeking a Full-Time Payroll Administrator for The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing compensation of all employees at both Clubs, ensuring that all employees are paid in an accurate and timely fashion, always achieving organizational requirements, and following internal controls. The successful candidate will also guarantee payroll activities are compliant with legislative requirements and maintains privacy and confidentiality in all communications and deliverables.
- Process all payroll for both Clubs, including hourly, salary, gratuity/commission and other payroll related payments accurately using UKG software on semi-monthly and bi-weekly basis
- Process off-cycle pay runs as required i.e., terminations, ROE’s, bonuses
- Audit payroll to guarantee data entry accuracy and ensure that policies and procedures are followed
- Test new types of compensation/payments prior to running payroll, to check system is working correctly
- Tracking, reconciliation, and remittance of source deductions
- Process payroll year-end including reconciling any discrepancies and issuing T4’s and T4A’s
- Approach the new payroll system with a mindset of continuous improvement, helping to identify ways to make processes more efficient or implement stronger internal controls
- Work closely with the Controller and Human Resources team to identify areas where additional payroll training is needed for stakeholders and participate in providing that training
- Train a payroll backup for when the Payroll Administrator is away
- Prepare and upload payroll journal entries into accounting system after each pay run
- Accrue all payroll amounts (wages, grats/commission) in a timely manner
- GL reconciliations for accrued vacation (hourly and salaried), monthly and at yearend
- Review and resolve payroll suspense items quickly and accurately
- Become familiar with the payroll general ledger accounts and be able to assist with ad hoc questions regarding coding or identification of miscoded items
- Provide reports to GM and CEO for approval sign off before committing each payroll run
- Meet weekly with HR Administrator to review all recent changes, additions, modifications
- Review and validate Human Resources data entry of terminations, status changes, salary increases and benefit enrollments, ensuring that everything is complete and accurate from a payroll perspective
- Balance and correct all entitlements, vacation, sick days, and personal days for all employees
- Respond to CRA inquiries and concerns by due dates indicated on requests
- Reconcile and upload RRSP’s contributions to Manulife by the last business day of each month
- Respond to employee enquires relating to payroll: copies of T-4, earning statements, letters of employment verifications etc.
- Maintain all personnel files, ensuring organization and confidentiality in all communications and records
- Assist in year-end file reorganization and ensure all files are updated in storage areas
- Work with Health & Safety manager on WCB annual returns
- Assist with year-end Audit inquiries for payroll
- Ensure compliance with Alberta Labour Standards, Information and protection of Privacy, Health and Safety standards, Alberta Occupational Health, and Safety regulations
- Payroll compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Payroll Manager with a minimum of 5 years of payroll experience in a large volume environment is required
- University degree in accounting, payroll and/or a Payroll Compliance Professional (PCP or PLP) designation is a strong asset
- Current and expert level knowledge of payroll theories, practices, legislation, resources and Employment Standards Act
- Experience with UKG software would be a strong asset
- Ability to use organizational tools to ensure all regular deadlines, as well as ad hoc requests, are completed on time without requiring reminders or follow-up
- Strong computer and technical skills, including intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to use the most appropriate method in each situation (verbal, emails, phone etc.)
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent time management skills with the capability and flexibility to respond to critical deadlines and changing priorities and requirements to ensure deadlines are met
- Respect and compliance for confidentiality, internal controls, and protection of employee information in accordance with privacy legislation and CPA standards
This is permanent year-round, full time salaried position. Office hours are 8:30-4:30pm. Some overtime may be expected to meet deadlines.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal record background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The successful applicant must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to commute between Clubs.
The Glencoe Club offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter addressed to [email protected] and clearly articulate why you would be a great fit and want to be considered for this position.