The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as the following sports facilities: aquatics, badminton, bowling, climbing, curling, fitness, golf simulators, skating, squash, tennis, and an indoor playground. We also offer the following services physiotherapy, wellness and lifestyle services, childminding, youth & teen programming, a licensed preschool, out of school care and in house shopping at our pro shop.
We are seeking a Part Time Sales Associate to work at our Pro Shop. Our specialties include Tennis, Squash & Badminton racquets and accessories, fitness & swimwear apparel, fitness & swimwear accessories, athletic footwear, exclusive ladies, men’s and children’s fashions.
This position will be responsible for providing excellent service through product knowledge and relationship building to all members, guests, and employees, while ensuring smooth operations in the Pro Shop, including service standards, merchandising and maintaining on-going inventory.
- Provide exceptional customer service on sales floor to members, guests, and employees.
- 3+ years of previous retail sales experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of merchandising and promotional displays in a retail environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism
- A passion for providing exceptional member service
- Experience with cash handling, opening/closing procedures preferred
- A personal sense of style and a flair for fashion
- Knowledge of sporting goods would be considered an asset
- Basic computer knowledge
This is a part time position of less than 30 hour per week. Open availability is required for Days, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays.
Pro Shop Store Hours: Monday – Fridays 10-6pm, Sat, Sun & Holidays 10-5pm. September onwards store hours Monday – Thursdays 9am-8pm, Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun & Holidays 10am-5pm.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs, we also offer staff discounts in the Pro Shop.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal record background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.