The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, a fitness centre, an indoor playground, and a Pro Shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking full time and part time Seasonal Poolside Bartenders to join our 29 Degrees Team. We are looking for positive and energetic individuals who enjoys working in a team oriented dynamic environment.
- Provide service excellence and a positive experience to serving staff, members and guests
- Able to lift/carry beer and liquor cases and kegs up to 60 lbs
- Ensure all preparation and closing procedures are completed and the bar area and equipment is clean and maintained at all times
- Ensure timely and effective two way communication between members, guests, staff and supervisor
- Effectively address members concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to supervisor when needed
- Display professionalism and a positive attitude
- Achieve or exceed service standards
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations and the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission License requirements
- Ensures members are aware of and adhere to Rules and Regulations
- Actively contribute to Food & Beverage department teamwork and collaboration
- Other assignments as required
- A proven track record, with minimum of 1 year experience in the food & beverage service industry
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- A diplomatic, outgoing personality able to foster relationships with members and employees
- A team player who can be part of a team and execute exceptional service
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- ProServe Certification
These are seasonal full time and part time positions. Applicants must be flexible and available for evenings and weekends.
The successful applicants will be required to complete a criminal background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.