The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is offering full-time seasonal positions within the Outdoor Services team for the remainder of the 2020 Golf Season, which consists from now until end of October. We are a 45-hole private golf club on 440 acres, located just west of the city limits on Highway 8. We are seeking positive and energetic individuals who enjoy working early mornings, being outdoors, and who work well in a team oriented and dynamic environment.
Get ready to join the team as an Outdoor Services Attendant delivering extraordinary experiences to our members, guests and co-workers. Are you the type of person that would enjoy being the first point of contact for a member or guest ready to go out for their golf game, greeting members with a smile and a wave, and having their clubs and cart ready to go? As a team member with the Club, you will also be empowered to find ways of going above and beyond to enhance the members and guest experience.
- Provide service excellence to members and guests
- Ensure timely and effective two-way communication between members, staff and supervisor
- Ensures members are adhere to rules and regulations
- Effectively address members concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to Supervisor when needed
- Exceed annual service standards
- Actively contribute to department teamwork and collaboration
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Rotation, cleanliness and enforcement of power cart rental policies
- Maintenance and cleanliness of pull carts and electronic power caddies
- Clean and store the golf clubs of all members and guests
- Provide members and guests with serviced and clean power carts
- Clean, store and charge all power carts
- Clean and inspect rental clubs and demo clubs
- Transport members, guests onto Golf Course for shotgun tournaments
- Make power carts available at the Halfway House and Snack Bar
- Ensure the cart usage is rotated properly
- Set up carts in proper area and place signage on them if requires
- Meet and greet members and guests as they arrive
- Do bag pull for tournaments
- Meet and greet all members and guests outside of club storage building
- Interaction with members and guests about daily events
- Must have a positive attitude
- Professional and clear communication skills
- Proven track record of excellence service
- Can work well as a team and independently
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. repetitively
- Golf knowledge is considered an asset
- First Aid & CPR Certification is considered an asset
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
This position is for full-time employees until the end of October 2020 (weather dependent). All positions are seasonal temporary and may include weekday, weekend and evening shifts. Availability on weekends and a flexible schedule is required.
We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, staff golf privileges, and a positive and safe work environment. The successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.