The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food and beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton and a new expansion that includes a climbing centre, a new fitness centre and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy childcare and registered preschool.
A little about you…
You love food, you value experiences. You are a go-getter with a “let’s do this” attitude. You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, and you appreciate building connections and relationships with both members and employees alike.
A little about us…
The Glencoe Club has an exciting opportunity for Server Assistants / Bussers. The Club has completed an extensive food and beverage renovation that will enhance the dining experiences for our members. Sure to be a destination of choice. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Server Assistant/Busser that will provide friendly service to serving staff, kitchen brigade, members and guests in front of house and kitchen. We aspire “to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do” – you will carry this vision through all that you do.
- Provide service excellence to members and guests
- Ensure timely and effective two way communication (verbal, Written) between members, staff and supervisor
- Effectively address member concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to supervisor when needed
- Displays professionalism and a positive attitude
- Ensure the personal delivery of high quality programs and services
- Achieve or exceed service standards
- Actively contribute to department teamwork and collaboration
- Ensure all preparation and closing procedures are completed
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained.
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Previous Food & Beverage experience is an asset
- ProServe Certification is an asset
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED Certification is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- A diplomatic, outgoing personality who is able to foster relationships with members and employees
- A positive attitude and a friendly smile
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Clear communication skills
These are part time or full time positions that will involve a variety of day, evening and weekend shifts totaling less than 30 hours per week for part time and more than 30 hours per week for full time, so a flexible schedule is required.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Please note that The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club currently has a temporary Mandatory Vaccination Policy. As such, proof of vaccination is required as a condition of employment. We will require poof of vaccination status after an offer of employment is given. We will accommodate valid reasons under Human Rights Law.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), an employee referral program, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.