The Glencoe Club
We are looking for Server Assistants/Bussers to join our Food & Beverage team. The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food and beverage department, as well as, eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton and a new expansion that includes a climbing centre, a new fitness centre and an indoor playground. We also have a pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy childcare and registered preschool.
A little about you…
You love food, you value experiences. You are a go-getter with a “let’s do this” attitude. You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, and you appreciate building connections and relationships with both members and employees alike.
A little about us…
The Club recently completed an extensive food and beverage renovation that enhances the dining experiences for our members. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Server Assistants/Bussers with a strong passion for the Food & Beverage industry combined with exceptional member and employee service values and skills in this innovative dining space. We aspire “to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do” – you will carry this vision through all that you do.
- Provide service excellence to members and guests
- Ensure timely and effective two way communication (verbal, Written) between members, staff and supervisor
- Effectively address member concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to supervisor when needed
- Displays professionalism and a positive attitude
- Ensure the personal delivery of high quality programs and services
- Achieve or exceed service standards
- Actively contribute to department teamwork and collaboration
- Ensure all preparation and closing procedures are completed
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained.
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Previous Food & Beverage experience is an asset
- ProServe Certification is an asset
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED Certification is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- A diplomatic, outgoing personality who is able to foster relationships with members and employees
- A positive attitude and a friendly smile
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Clear communication skills
This position is a part time position that will involve a variety of day, evening and weekend shifts totaling less than 30 hours per week, so a flexible schedule is required.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), an employee referral program, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.