The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is offering a full time Banquet Chef position within the Food & Beverage team. This will be a year-round position, eligible for full benefits and RRSP program.
We are seeking a positive and energetic individual who will be responsible for all aspects of planning and production of banquet dining and deliver excellent member experience. The ideal candidate will enjoy developing and monitoring a staff focused on delivering a high level of food service that exceeds member expectations. They will assist in the creation and development of new menus and feature items, as well as providing oversight to the a la carte Kitchen. This person will pride themselves on providing excellent service, and work well in a team oriented and dynamic environment.
We are a 45-hole private golf club on 440 acres, located just west of the city limits on Highway 8. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences in all that we do creating a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
- Provides service excellence to members and guests
- Effectively address member and staff concerns and complaints
- Development of a very good understanding of the needs of the membership for dining requirements and executes plans accordingly
- Assist with menu development for banquet, a la carte and staff menus
- Maintain an appropriate pace of work, completing tasks efficiently and with minimal supervision, to ensure timely service to members
- Oversee kitchen staff to ensure quality, speed and consistency of food for banquet service and a la carte dining
- Ensure all kitchen procedures are followed, including opening and closing checklist, par levels, cleaning, documentation and quality control
- Oversee management of food and labour costs, with a focus on limiting overtime and wastage
- Organize and conduct employee training programs, ensuring the accuracy of all recipes and training materials
- Actively participate in staff hiring process and scheduling
- Fulfil other management duties, as required, in the Chef’s absence
- Ensure high sanitation standards in compliance with Calgary Health Region Requirements
- Monitor inventory levels, placing orders as needed and ensuring proper record keeping
- Assist with monthly inventory
- Actively participate in performance management, staff coaching and one on one meetings
- A proven track record, with minimum of 3 years in a supervisory or management capacity at a private club or high end multi outlet facility
- Experience in the production and delivery of high volume banquet dining
- Able to properly prepare soups, sauces, stocks from scratch and accurately cook cuts of meat, fish and vegetables
- Have an accurate and detailed understanding of allergies and dietary requirements
- Minimum of interprovincial red Seal or equivalent cooking diploma
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A diplomatic personality able to foster relationships with members, committees and employees
- Strong leadership skills
- A team player who can effectively lead, organize, motivate and train staff
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Resilient and outcome focused in stressful situations, with a commitment to delivering well presented, quality food
- Ability to influence progress through cooperation, conflict resolution, and facilitation
- Innovative approach through critical thinking, collaboration, and evaluation of programs and services
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent member service and interpersonal skills
This position is full-time. The position may include weekday, weekend and evening shifts, so a flexible schedule is required.
We offer competitive wages, staff golf privileges, and a positive and safe work environment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].