The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
We are a 45-hole private golf club on 440 acres, located just west of the Calgary city limits on Highway 8. The Glencoe Golf and Country Club takes pride in having a premium golf and practice facility featuring full grass tee double ended range, extensive short game improvement area, substantial teaching program, technology such as JC video, BodiTrack, TrackMan, GCQuad and GCHawk and is proud to offer superior dining venues with beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains. The Clubhouse was recently fully renovated providing a first-class golf shop.
With over 440 acres, the Golf Club hosts members, their guests and has a busy Corporate Tournament program. It also hosts the Glencoe Invitational, a tournament recognized by the World Amateur Order of Merit in which top tier Men & Women Amateurs compete. In 2022, the Clubhouse was fully renovated providing a first-class golf shop which annually produces $1.1 million in merchandise sales, and additional $1.2 million in green fees and golf cart revenues. The Club hosts close to 60,000 rounds of golf per year. If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is looking for an Assistant/Associate Golf Professional to join the Golf Operations team. We are looking for a self-starter who has the passion to continue to grow in the golf industry. Our ideal candidate would possess excellent leadership, personal, and organizational skills, and be a great two-way communicator with the ability to deliver exceptional experiences to the members.
- Assist with the organization and execution of member leagues and events
- Teaching lessons/clinics throughout the season
- Remain current on golf instruction technology and techniques
- Club fitting on an as-needed basis
- Oversee club repair
- Perform club repair on an as-needed basis
- Assist with daily Golf Shop operations including retail sales, tee sheet and guest management, and opening and closing procedures
- Assist with the supervision of front-line golf staff
- Play with the members on a regular basis
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Other tasks as required
- Experience with the Golf Genius scoring software is an asset
- Must be a member in good standing with the PGA of Canada
- Club fitting and golf instruction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the members and fellow team-mates
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
This is a Temporary 7-month full-time position. The successful applicant must be available for a variety of weekday, evening, and weekend shifts.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
The successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check which including a vulnerable sector background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.