The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is an exceptional private 45-hole family golf club located on Elbow River Drive just west of Calgary on Highway 8. This golf course is complemented with a magnificent Clubhouse, fully stocked Golf Shop, three halfway houses, on-course food & beverage carts, as well as a complete maintenance department. We have the largest membership of any private golf club in Canada.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a full time Temporary Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our golf course maintenance team. Duties for this position include overseeing all maintenance activities relating to the operation of the clubhouse and on course buildings.
- Repairs and maintenance on all mechanical components in the building, as well as other general maintenance such as:
- Daily repairs and maintenance
- Maintaining control of the boiler systems
- Maintaining belts, filter changes and the greasing schedule for all equipment
- Providing daily reports on all heating and ventilation equipment
- Maintaining a comfortable level of heating and cooling throughout the building
- Completion of daily log sheets of all mechanical areas as per schedule
- Perform minor refurbishing tasks- paint, dry wall, etc.
- Maintain communication with all department managers
- Communicating with outside contractors coming into the Club, including following up to confirm work is completed to Glencoe standards
- Assist with administration duties, such as purchase orders/invoices, etc.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner
- Ensure all logs are completed and submitted
- To provide service excellence to members, staff, and contractors
- Ensure compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Attend general staff meetings, in house training and courses as required
- Handyperson skills – painting, drywall repair etc.
- Working knowledge of plumbing systems
- Working knowledge of electrical systems
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems
- Excellent communication, and writing skills
- A diplomatic personality able to foster relationships with members, employees and contractors
- Working experience in all phases of construction, including framing, millwork and hardware
- Able to read and understand blueprints, basic drawings and schematics
- Working knowledge of fire suppression and alarm systems
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
This position is a full-time seasonal position until October 31, 2021. It will include a variety of day, afternoon, and evening shifts. Availability on weekends and a flexible schedule is required. The successful candidate will report directly to the General Manager.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, free on-site parking, staff meals, golfing privileges, and numerous employee recognition programs.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal background check, and a Respect in the Workplace certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.