The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighborhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as nine sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, climbing centre, fitness centre, indoor playground, pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy, childcare, and registered preschool.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Club Accounting team is looking for a Temporary Full-Time Membership Accounts Receivable Associate (11-month contract). As the Temporary Full-Time Membership Accounts Receivable Associate you will provide 360 communication so that members’ needs are thoroughly addressed, and financial findings are shared with members resulting in fully satisfied outcomes.
- First point of contact for member inquiries and providing exceptional customer service
- Delegate inquires to other departments as required, following up to ensure the matter is resolved in a timely manner
- Keep a log of all member issues and concerns, including date and time when they are received and resolved effectively
- Process daily member payments by phone call or walk-in, and ensure this information is kept up to date
- Daily reconciliation of debit/credit/cheque/EFT/e-transfer payments
- Pull statements and work closely with membership regarding delinquent accounts
- Support the Glencoe Accounting and Membership teams with vacation coverage and other duties as required
- Support filing requirements of the accounting team including AR, AP and general accounting.
- Any other duties that may arise, as assigned by direct Supervisor
- Minimum of an Administration Certificate
- A proven track record, with minimum of 5 years in a customer service industry
- Outgoing, friendly, positive personality able to build relationships with members and employees
- A team player whose primary focus is on exceptional service and working collaboratively with other departments.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Strong basic computer software skills, including MS Office (Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to cross train with the Glencoe Accounts Receivable Associate and the Glencoe Golf & Country Club Accounts Receivable Associate
- Experience processing debit/credit payments using Moneris or Global Payments
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and functions is an asset
This is a temporary, full-time position for the duration of a parental leave of 11 months ending on January 31, 2025. The position is Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. During the month end flexibility is essential. This applicant must be flexible, adaptable, and enthusiastic.
The Glencoe Club offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health and dental plan as well as an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].