The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton and a new expansion that includes a climbing centre, a new fitness centre, an indoor playground, and a Pro Shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Full-Time Shift Lead to work at our Pro Shop. Our specialties include Tennis, Squash & Badminton racquets and accessories, fitness & swimwear apparel, fitness & swimwear accessories, athletic footwear, exclusive ladies, men’s and children’s fashions.
The ideal leader is comfortable supporting the Manager and is involved in the day to day operations of the Pro Shop. The Shift Lead ensures the highest level of customer service standards are met at all times. The goal is to provide excellent service through product knowledge and relationship building to all members, guests, and employees, while ensuring smooth operations in the Pro Shop, including service standards, merchandising and maintaining on-going inventory.
- Provide exceptional customer service on sales floor to members, guests, and employees.
- Create displays and ensure store is tidy and well maintained.
- Assist other Sales Associates in checklists and ensure daily duties are completed.
- Works collaboratively with the team to delegate tasks and meet timelines.
- Provide shift reports to Pro Shop Manager and bring forward any issues that need to be addressed.
- Provide ongoing feedback and communication to Sales Associates.
- Assist Pro Shop Manager with developing promotions, sales, marketing, and special events.
- Work collaboratively with Sport Professionals and Supervisors on special orders and promotions in line with Club events.
- Take and complete special orders and follow up with suppliers, staff and members with approval of Manager.
- Assist in input and coding of merchandise into Northstar system.
- Assist with inventory, ensure correct pricing and tagging of merchandise, and place orders as required.
- Participate in on-going training for sales associates.
- Assist manager with setting departmental objectives and goals, developing service standards, and developing training and performance management.
This is a permanent year-round, full time position of 25 or more hours per week. Depending on the time of the year, approximately 10-18 hours will be spent in the office on administration, and the rest of the time will be spent directly on the sales floor. Applicants must be available to work during store hours Monday-Thursday 9am to 8pm, Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, and Sunday 10am to 4pm.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]