The Membership & Marketing Manager plays an important role in modelling to prospective members that The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is a community. This responsibility includes membership sales and retention, the development of internal and external membership marketing program, and maintaining the Club’s branding and social media channels. Using relationship building strategies, this individual will provide excellent orientations to new members and gather important feedback from prospective and new members which will assist The Glencoe Golf & Country Club to meet and exceed member expectations in all areas.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club Membership & Marketing Manager is responsible for:
- Development and implementation of an annual marketing plan and budget
- Develop and manage a database of prospective new members and continue to build the Golf Affiliate Program, member referrals, and incentive programs leading to new membership sales
- Handle all in person, telephone and email membership inquires and conduct tours for prospective members
- Deliver new member orientations and prepare welcome packages.
- Responsible for creating innovative special events that demonstrate value for members
- Assist in the planning and development of the annual calendar of events and marketing of club events
- Manage Club Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Vimeo and monitor all analytics associated with each social media platform. Cross-train staff on Social Media and monitor all social media activity ensuring that items are replied to and actioned in an immediate timeframe.
- Stay up-to-date and monitor the Club’s reputation using Google Alerts, Google reviews, Facebook reviews and Ads
- Prepare monthly reports for the Membership Committee as required and attend meetings.
- Follow the style standard and guidelines for all printed and posted materials that portrays an appropriate professional image.
- Oversee the content development and editing of the Club newsletter
- Work with Creative Studio to look for ways to maximize the website whenever possible
- Identify and facilitate cross marketing potential between The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
- Assist the Glencoe Membership Coordinators with the daily administrative duties associated with Golf
- Responsible for the development and enhancement of relationships with Calgary Media including writing and distributing press releases and media packages.
- University/college degree or diploma in Marketing/Hospitality related area preferred.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems i.e. Pipeline software
- Must be knowledgeable about game of golf and play the sport.
- Previous private club work experience is an asset
- Social Media and Newsletter Production, knowledge of website design & content management
- A diplomatic personality able to foster relationships with members, Committees and employees.
- Strong leadership and ambassadorial skills.
- Experience in developing and administration of fun and enjoyable activities.
- Ability to influence progress through cooperation, conflict resolution, and facilitation.
- Innovative approach through critical thinking, collaboration, and intelligent risk taking.
- Strong business acumen complimented by financial and entrepreneurial skills.
- Ability to work effectively with Committees and Members including diverse strong minded, highly successful community and industry leaders;
- Outstanding ability to apply innovative marketing and Member-focussed solutions to business problems with a thorough understanding of both marketing and member service issues.