THE GLENCOE CLUB
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Climbing Team as a part time Climbing Instructor. This position is responsible for providing consistent, outstanding service to members and their guests, while ensuring safety and that all members are aware of and adhering to rules and regulations of the Climbing Centre.
- Provide consistent, outstanding service to the members, guests, employees and co-workers
- Ensure members are aware of and adhere to rules and regulations
- Effectively address member concerns
- Ensure a family and fun focus in programs and services, including but not limited to climbing programs, drop-in climbing, birthday parties and special events
- Ensure the delivery of high quality programs, activities and services that are consistent with member needs and program plans
- Ensure timely and effective two-way communication (verbal, written)
- Ensure the Climbing area is clean and maintained
- ACMG CGI Level 1 minimum required
- Minimum of 1 year in a climbing instruction capacity at a private club or sport/recreation facility
- Strong leadership skills
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to influence progress through cooperation, conflict resolution, and facilitation
- Excellent member service and interpersonal skills
- First Aid/CPR-C required
Applicants will need to have weekend availability, but the schedule may also include weekday and evening shifts.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Background Check and online Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport certifications.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in response to this ad.