Our Culture & Values
We achieve our vision by understanding where we are going, by living out our mission and holding ourselves accountable to our values.
Mission: What is our purpose…
Creating exceptional experiences
It is the experience that counts! We create memories for all ages in their athletic, recreation, education and social pursuits. We complement our excellent facilities by providing exceptional experiences to our members, guests, employees and the community.
Vision: What we aspire to be…
To be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do
The Glencoe is the next best place, other than home for our members, guests and employees. We care for them as families in our home. Our Clubs provide many of the comforts of home and continues to strive to be a one stop place for our families, providing much of what they cannot get at home. We will excel in all that we provide.
Values: What is important to us…
The Glencoe is very proud of its heritage, its employees and its members.
Our success has been in no small part due to always following our core values as a company.
- We recognize and respect all individual’s unique contributions.
- We welcome diversity and respect all protected grounds under Alberta Human Rights legislation.
- We listen to different viewpoints, opinions, thoughts and ideas and embrace a culture of inclusion.
- We respect the environment and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We treat our members, guests, employees, community and suppliers with respect.
- We respect each other, our history and the Club’s facilities.
- We have a commitment to the health, fitness, well-being and safety of our members, guests and employees.
- We value physical, mental, social and environmental well-being.
- We provide programs and opportunities to enhance wellness for members and employees.
- We do the right thing as if someone is watching and evaluating everything we do.
- We are honest, truthful and honourable.
- We have trust in trustworthy people.
- We say what we mean and we do what we say.
- We act with the highest ethics in everything that we do.
- Relationships are the cornerstone of the Club’s success.
- Effective communication is essential to a great relationship.
- We value the fostering and cultivation of great relationships with members, family members, friends, employees, relatives, networks, associates and our community.
- Members and staff care about the Club, each other and the community.
- We provide excellent service in all that we do that is thoughtful, considerate, helpful and empathetic.
- We treat people as if they are special guests in our home.
- We care about and honour our history.
- We always look for better ways to do things.
- We value training and continuous improvement to be innovated leaders in all that we do.
- We strive to be on the leading edge with our services, policies, facilities and communications.
The spirit of giving to those less fortunate has been a part of the Glencoe culture since 1992 when employees of the Aquatics department adopted a family in need. The following year, they adopted three families and other Glencoe departments joined in. Food, clothing and gifts were collected and distributed. Soon, members asked if they could help too. In 1994, the Creative Department organized and re-branded the Christmas charity program to Project Angel.
For almost 30 years, members and employees have donated their time, money and support in giving back to a number of various charitable organizations. The Glencoe Club is excited to continue this tradition with our season of giving and other charitable initiatives throughout the year. Each year, we elevate the awareness of Project Angel with a month-long, member targeted campaign during the holiday season. Many generous families participate in Project Angel and each year, more individuals, families and friends discover the joy of giving.