The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, new fitness centre, an indoor playground, and a Pro Shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a full-time Line Cook to join our Kitchen Team. We are looking for a positive and energetic individual who enjoy cooking and working in a team oriented dynamic environment.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary items
- Ensure that all food items come out simultaneously, high quality and in a timely fashion
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, dairy and other food items using knives, electric mixers, immersion blenders, food processors, scales, and portion bags
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers, members and guests
- Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces) while avoiding cross contamination
- Complete understanding of the Northstar POS and ability to read chits for modifications
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A proven track record, with minimum of 1 year experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Professional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Resilience through daily stressful situations
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds
- Contribute towards new recipes and offering up ideas to improve existing ones
- A team player who can be part of a team and execute exceptional service
- High standards of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Food Safe Certification and other required certifications
This is a permanent year-round, full time position. Applicants must be flexible and available for evenings and weekends.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Please note that The Glencoe Club and The Glencoe Golf & Country Club currently has a temporary Mandatory Vaccination Policy. As such, proof of vaccination is required as a condition of employment. We will require poof of vaccination status after an offer of employment is given. We will accommodate valid reasons under Human Rights Law.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs. We also offer a comprehensive health and dental package and a competitive RRSP matching program.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.