The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, a climbing centre, a fitness centre, an indoor playground, and a Pro Shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our Food & Beverage team part time as a Kitchen Expeditor. You will be responsible for ensuring exceptional member service experiences by providing prompt, efficient and friendly service to our members and guests, while striving for consistency. You will be passionate about the products that are prepared and served, and be able to educate the staff and membership with menu and product knowledge. You will commit to deliver exceptional experiences in all that we do and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and fellow employees.
- Ensure that all food items come are served simultaneously, high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition, sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers, members and guests.
- Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards.
- Ensuring that the organization, preparation and execution of all menu items for service meets the expected standards set forth.
- Communicate with Front of the House and Kitchen to ensure a smooth service.
- Help with Kitchen prep and set up condiments and garnishes for service.
- Previous Food & Beverage experience with an understanding of kitchen operations is an asset
- ProServe Certification is an asset
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED Certification is an asset
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Professional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Contribute towards new recipes and offering up ideas to improve existing ones.
- A team player who can be part of a team and execute exceptional service.
- High standards of ethics, honesty and integrity.
This is a part time position and consists of a variety of shifts during weekday evenings and weekends.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found on our website at www.glencoe.org