The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
We are a 45-hole private golf club on 440 acres, located just west of the city limits on Highway 8. The Glencoe Golf and Country Club takes pride in having a premium golf facility and is proud to offer superior dining venues with beautiful views, welcoming employees and spectacularly curated menus.
Our prime dining venues Westmoor Terrace + Tap and Bistro 45 were reopened in 2022 after vast renovations. Westmoor Terrace + Tap features a new expansive patio and is a warm, upscale-causal restaurant and lounge where members, families and guests can gather and connect. Bistro 45 serves as a vibrant hub for all members and guests, as they come and go between the golf course and Clubhouse.
The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is offering full-time and part-time seasonal Prep Cook positions within the culinary team for the upcoming 2024 Golf Season. As a Seasonal Prep Cook, you will create exceptional experiences for our members and guests by providing and preparing world class culinary options in our outlets. If you are a positive and energetic individual who works well in a team-oriented, dynamic environment, we want to hear from you!
- Ensure the proper level of mise-en-place is completed and ready for service for Restaurant and or Banquets
- Prepare and present food as per kitchen standards, maintaining up to date knowledge of recipes, procedures and plating for all menu, special and promo items for which he/she is responsible
- Assist in creating quality features and daily soups
- Assist On Course staff with stocking and equipment maintenance
- Effectively address members concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to Supervisor when needed
- Follow all kitchen procedures, as listed in the Kitchen Handbook
- Ensure high sanitation standards in compliance with Calgary Health Region requirements
- A proven track record, with a minimum of 1 year experience in food preparations
- Able to properly prepare soups, sauces, stocks from scratch and cook cuts of meat, fish and vegetables
- Have an accurate understanding of allergies and dietary requirements
- Experience working under pressure and multitasking, while delivering accurate, quality food
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
This is a seasonal position; employment will conclude at the end of the golf season (end of October weather permitting). The position may include weekday, weekend and evening shifts, so a flexible schedule is required.
We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, staff golf privileges, and a positive and safe work environment.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.