The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta (Business address and location of work: 636 – 29 AVENUE SW, CALGARY, AB T2S 0P1). Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department, as well as the following sports facilities: aquatics, badminton, bowling, climbing, curling, fitness, golf simulators, skating, squash, tennis, and an indoor playground. We also offer the following services; physiotherapy, wellness and lifestyle services, childminding, youth & teen programming, a licensed preschool, out of school care and in house shopping at our pro shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a highly motivated full-time Associate Squash Professional Coach to join the current full-time Assistant and Head Squash Professionals. Our Squash program has 200+ adults and 200+ juniors registered for various weekly leagues and coaching programs for the 2023/24 season, all who enjoy playing on our doubles court and six singles courts. The successful applicant will work with members and guests during league play, social functions and open play.
- Provide consistent, outstanding service to the members, guests, employees and co-workers
- Serve as a Coach for all member needs: plan and implement training and practice sessions. This will include group lessons for all ages, private and semi-private lessons for all ages and any other knowledge-based Squash and North American Doubles instruction
- Organize programs, leagues, tournaments and guest instructors
- Organization and implementation of Squash Interclub
- Coaching tasks include: Motivate, train, and prepare members for competitive events; Identify strengths and weaknesses of member athletes; Develop skills; Evaluate performances; Modify training programs
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years as a full time Squash Professional Coach
- Education: completion of secondary (high school) education
- Proficient computer, organizational and time management skills necessary
- Minimum National Coaching Certificate (or international equivalent) required
- Experience organizing tournaments and events
- Supervisory experience required
- Excellent instruction, verbal communication, and customer service skills – adequate level of proficiency in English – language of work.
This is a permanent, year-round, full-time opportunity, average of 40 hours per week, reporting to the Head Squash Professional, David Duncalf. The schedule will vary and will include weekends, evenings, and travel to tournaments.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, numerous employee recognition programs, comprehensive health and dental benefits, vision care, life insurance, RRSP, maternity and parental benefits.
This position offers a competitive wage band in the range of $65,000-$100,000.
Base salary is $65,000 annually ($31.25/hour) with opportunities for commission earnings for up to additional $35,000 as compensation for private and semi-private lessons, group lessons, and camp programs.
Reference checks will be conducted on the successful applicant, and they will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Background Check, and online Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport certifications.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Glencoe affords equal employment and opportunities to applicants without regard to race, religious beliefs, color, gender, disability, ancestry, age, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status or sexual orientation. We will consider Canadian and Permanent Resident applicants first. We are willing to support the LMIA and the Work Permit process for a suitable international candidate.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website www.glencoe.org