The Glencoe Club
We are seeking Summer Day Camp Leaders to look after the day to day execution of the Glencoe Club’s summer day camp program.
- Supervise and direct groups of approximately 8-15 children aged 3 to 14.
- Carrying out all tasks in a professional and thorough manner (lunches, welcoming parents and campers, assisting fellow leaders and volunteers, etc.)
- Have a full understanding of the way camps operate as outlined in the camp manual
- Attending weekly leader meetings
- Ensuring all waivers are completed by the parents
- Effectively address members concerns and complaints
- Actively participate in all activities
- Demonstrate organizational skills and creativity in planning games, arts and crafts, etc.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures for each area.
- Be aware of medical concerns for children in your care and what to do if action is required
- Know the whereabouts of each child in your group at all times
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
- Assisting with the set up/tidy up tasks
- Previous experience working in the camp, childcare, or education environment required
- Demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and have a positive attitude
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent service and communication skills
- The ability to problem solve
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C
- Minimum one year of post-secondary education in a related field (recreation, education, etc) would be considered an asset
This is a temporary, full time position, with hours of work depending on program registration. Successful applicants must be available from June 24 to August 23, 2019, Monday to Friday.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, an employee referral program, and numerous employee recognition programs.
The successful applicants will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector background check, and a Respect in the Workplace and Respect in Sport online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.org.